If at any time you need or want to stop a guided meditation for any reason, just allow yourself to become fully alert, aware and conscious as gently as possible. Becoming fully alert from a deep meditative trance quickly can sometimes be disorienting.
A simple method I use so as not to shock my system is this;
- Become aware of your need to regain full consciousness
- Count from 1 to 5, raising your consciousness and awareness each number.
- Notice how you are sitting
- Become aware of your body, arms and leg.
- Take a deep breath in clearing your lungs and chest.
- Eyes clearing and feeling refreshed.
- Opening your eyes fully alert and awakened feeling fantastic in every way.
- Always make sure you are fully awake and alert before continuing your day.